Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Creativity and New Media

 For my imagination, I created a model-looking version if myself on IMVU, which stands for Instant Messaging Virtual Universe. If you haven't heard of it, it's very similar to second life. You make your own avatar and roam around the virtual worlds which is composed of many different rooms such as your penthouse, in which you start off in. I have created my avatar to my liking. I first went to the IMVU website online and followed the steps in creating my avatar. I was able to choose my hair color, hair style, eye color, clothing, shoes, and accessories. After I finished, I was redirected to the desktop page of IMVU which shows many options that you can choose to do as you can see. On IMVU, you can shop for clothing and upgrades on rooms, and even purchase marriage packages which allows you to "marry" other IMVU users. You can join live rooms which users host and it is basically scenarios the hosts makes up or chooses to allow other to join and be able to chat in. It's very fun and allows for your creativity to be displayed in the virtual world which seems realistic although it is not.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next New

There's so many types of new media that have made their debut and have gained reputation but there's one I haven't heard of. Wha...